Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wow... Time Flies!!!

 It's been 6 months since I posted anything. I can't believe how time flies! Our family is growing up and time with them is slipping through my fingers. We now have two more drivers. Matt turned 16 in May and got his license on his first try. Sara became a teenager this week and had a small melt down involving chocolate. I assured her she was completely normal!!! Parker graduated from High school and won a Principal's Medal for being one of the Top 4 academically. Hannah will be 11 in a few weeks and completed a marathon tonight with Lakeview Running Club. I am so proud of all of them!

Some friends of mine and I have started something we call "Conference Club". We pick two talks from conference and once a week we sit down together and discuss them. We just did this one by Sis Wixom yesterday. She counsels us to write things down for our children so they can see our appreciation and love for them. So, I'm considering this blog entry as my attempt to follow some really good advice!
Sara competed in the City Track and Field meet today and placed first in the 800m, 1500m and 3000m. She ran so well ! She amazes us with her mental toughness!
Hannah completed her marathon tonight by running the final mile. She has been running three times each week with her school running group. Gotta love chocolate milk for the recovery drink!!
Our Highschool Grad...and Buddy! It was an amazing day. There's not much more to say. I swear he just started kindergarten. Wow.
This week was the final performance of the LCI Chamber Choir at their Spring Concert. So, Parker and Matt had their last performance together. It was really good! Parker sang with the Jazz Choir too. 
Earlier this year Matt's JV basketball team won Zones completing their perfect season. they went 24-0. What a great accomplishment! He, Sara and Hannah are all doing spring basketball now. Parker completed his lifeguarding course and is now playing U18 outdoor soccer.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, time sure does fly. It seems like just the other day I was babysitting a toddler and a baby and now they are graduating high school and driving! I love your conference club idea- so inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Now if only I would get one done!

    ReplyDelete