Tuesday, March 22, 2011

More Than I Bargained For At Costco

Today was a perfect day for a Costco grocery trip. Especially as Dave and I leave in a few days for the weekend. Freezer meals are always handy! I found some good, healthy, processed freezer meals ( :) ), paid and happily went out to load them in my car feeling like a very GOOD mom.
When I arrived at my car, this is what I found.
After my initial shock wore off, (It took a few moments!) I followed my first instinct, and called Dave. Not sure what I thought he'd do about it! :) He said, "Maybe, they just slid into you." He's so forgiving! Unfortunately for the other driver, it was perfectly dry where I was parked. There was no note or anything on my windshield. So, I am the victim of a classic hit and run! The police officer we talked to said that hit and runs happen more often than we would like to believe. He also estimated the damage at $2000! We'll get it looked at later this week.
You always get more than you plan on at Costco but this wasn't really what I had in mind!

4 comments:

  1. SICK!! You are quite calm when things go ...not as planned. Not that I (or you) wish evil on others, but karma will find your unnamed assailant. If he/she knew you they would not have been such a coward to run. You are really a very understanding person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How shocking is this!! It's hard to believe some people live without a conscience. This is outrageous!!. Thank goodness you are going to have a get-away so your mind can be on other things. Try to enjoy your little time away together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your hit and run, Karri. That is terrible! Will you go through insurance for the repairs? Have a great time this weekend in BC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a nasty boo boo and so sad to see in real life. Can't figure out how it happens in a Costco parking lot. The parking spots are pretty wide!!

    ReplyDelete