Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Each Day is A New Adventure!


This is day 6 of Sara being sick. She's now sitting beside me awake - though she has spent most of it like this...
She is getting REALLY sick of being sick. We're not really sure what's wrong but she's had a high fever, chills, night sweats, muscle and head aches and pure exhaustion. This morning she and I decided we'd try and get a little bit of her school work done that her teacher sent home for her. Guess what? I'm not smarter than a 5th Grader! We worked on fractions. Actually, it was really fun. We both think being a teacher would be a fun career. But right now, we just want her to get better. I have enjoyed spending so much time together - but it's way more fun when she feels like Sara.
In other news, no mice have been caught but there is more evidence of them! We have 9 of the "good" traps set. Apparently, we need the "industrial, can outsmart any mouse" trap! They have found every chocolate stash I have and have indulged. Perhaps it's a ploy to cure my chocolate addiction. And it may be working because each time I think of chocolate I get a picture in my head of some of the remnants I've found and quickly I lose my desire for chocolate. So, thanks Mr. Mouse! But don't think that changes my plans of catching you! So now each trap also has a little piece of white KitKat as bait. What a waste of good chocolate!

3 comments:

  1. Aaaaww... poor Sara! I hope you are feeling better soon!!

    Good luck catching that mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, we feel your pain! We are all sicker than dogs up here too! I have never been this sick before, it is no fun! I hope you get better soon!

    Karri, I think using the kitkat is brilliant, goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "what a waste of good chocolate"! I feel your pain. Sara, I hope to hear that you are on the mend soon. I know your class misses you. Sending you wellness Wednesday wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete