Monday, June 20, 2011

Ladies Fest 2011

Oh what fun it is to run up the Whoop Up hill! But it was a perfect day for Ladies Fest - just a bit misty and overcast for Sara and I to run together...She left me at 3.5k and took off. I was proud of her. She told me later that she would just pick a t-shirt ahead of her and say the colour of shirt over and over in her head until she passed her. Then she would pick another t-shirt and do the same thing. She was speedy! It was an 8 km race and she finished in just over 42 minutes. The whole family was there to cheer us on. Parker and Matt volunteered at the finish line again this year and removed race tags.

All of my girl friends (AKA counselling staff) that I run with ran as well. It was such a great day - topped off with a breakfast and get together after at the Lethbridge Lodge. To our surprise, Sara and I were awarded second place in the Mother/Daughter Category! We both collapsed on the couch that night...and ate ice cream!




2 comments:

  1. Awesome job you two! Sounds tiring and fun! That's great that Parker & Matt were there to help out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that first picture of you, Karri. I have seen that face before! Well done girls. Did you eat ice cream out of the bowls or are they just for decorative purpose? Nice shots you got...atleast you didn't run out of batteries!

    ReplyDelete